Saturday, August 30, 2014

Power Banana Blueberry Muffins

For breakfast this morning I wanted to make some muffins.  I had some fresh blueberries in my fridge that I needed to use.  So I decided to make these Power Banana Blueberries muffins.  My boys, (ages 1 and 3.. Almost) love muffins.  So I thought this would be a great chance to put these muffins up to the kid test.  Oh man, it was a hit this morning.  My husband and my brother in law had them for breakfast as well and they each had 3.  My 1 year old (well one next Thursday) kept on eating them.  The reason these are POWER muffins is because they are packed in with lots of goodness: blueberries, banana, oats, and to add extra protein GREEK YOGURT..  yeah that’s right.. POWER. Great way to start a morning.  AND not to mention they freeze great! That is always a plus.  I like to double a recipe and freeze half of it.  Saves time later on.  Which is great for busy moms :)  
powe banana bluebery muffins


These muffins are easy to make.  My (almost) 3 year old was my helper.  

photo 2 (1)photo 1 (1)First mix all the wet ingredients: Yogurt, eggs, butter, and vanilla.  then add the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix together.  wash your blueberries.
photo 3Fold Blueberries into batter.

photo 4photo 5
I use 2 big spoons to spoon batter into a regular size muffin tin. Mine made 17 muffins.
photo 1 (2)

Bake @ 350 for 20- 25 minutes or until golden and spings back when you gently touch the top. 
photo 2 (2)
Easy yummy muffins packed with POWER ingredients.
photo 3 (1)
photo 4 (1)
powe banana bluebery muffins


Power Banana Blueberry Muffins 
Makes 12- 18 muffins– depends on the amount you put in each (mine made 17) 
  • 2 cups flour (I did APF but you could use half whole wheat flour- it would turn out more dense) 
  • 1 cup oats
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (I used blueberry Chobani- you could use vanilla or honey flavors too)
  • 2 eggs
  • 4 TBSP butter, melted
  • 1 tsp vanilla 
  • 1 – 2 cups fresh blueberries (I used about 1 1/2– you could also use frozen)

  1. Preheat oven to 350 F 
  2. spay muffin tin with cooking spray
  3. combine wet ingredients: yogurt, eggs, butter, and vanilla until well combined. 
  4. add dry ingredients: flour, sugar, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt. mix well. 
  5. Gently fold in blueberries into batter
  6. spoon into muffin tins
  7. bake for 20-25 minutes (mine took 20 minutes) or golden and tops springs back when gently touched
Recipe inspired from Domesticated Academic. There are some changes from this recipe. 
I hope you enjoy these as much as my family did.  These are a great on the go quick breakfast.

Remember to follow so you can get notified when new posts are up.  
Follow on facebook  facebook.com/fitmommyrocks

Happy Baking :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment